The Village and Surrounding Area
Cratfield is a peaceful North Suffolk village where you can relax and unwind in beautiful rolling countryside, yet is within easy reach of the Suffolk Heritage Coast. Each cottage has books, leaflets and a wealth of information on things to do in the local area. You'll be spoilt for choice. Some of the favourites are:
- Aldeburgh as well as having very close links with Benjamin Britten, Aldeburgh also has the best fish and chip shop locally and there is often a long queue down the street outside
- Lowestoft - Britain's most easterly point, and one of its' best sandy beaches.
- Woodbridge - beautiful riverside town.
- Southwold, home to Adnams Brewery, Suffolk's oldest brewery and home to its famous pier and colourful beach huts. Relax on the beach, stroll round the town or take the row boat ferry to Walberswick.
- Walberswick boasts a lovely sandy beach as well as excellent crabbing opportunities, indeed it hosts the Crabbing championships each year. A family favourite.
- RSPB reserve at Minsmere and The National Trust at Dunwich Heath. The purple heather and yellow gorse look stunning on the heath and cliff top at the end of the summer.
Other nearby attractions include Framlingham Castle (now even more famous thanks to Ed Shheran!) where you can walk around the battlements and sometimes enjoy Medieval battle displays etc. and Snape Maltings, famous for its Classical Music concerts.
A little further afield you can visit historic Norwich, with its Cathedral and Castle or the Norfolk Broads. Pleasurewood Hills Theme Park is near Lowestoft and a Dinosaur Theme Park is near Norwich. You won't be short of things to do!